Sunday, July 08, 2007

I Got Off My Butt And Did Something About It

After not hearing from FdM for 24 hours, I drove to his place. I was worried about him. I buzzed up to his apartment, and shortly after, I heard his voice on the intercom. I was so relieved!

I've been stressed about not hearing from him all day. It built up to the point where I had no appetite, and even felt sick to my stomach. The only other time I have ever felt stress to that point was when JJ left me.

FdM came out and we went to a nearby coffee shop. We sat and had tea together and talked for a couple hours. He kept trying to get me to order some food. I told him I was too stressed to eat. He said he would feel better if I ate something. I said "too bad... I can't eat right now."

I'm hungry now... I think I will eat soon.

FdM said "I'm sorry I upset you. You can yell at me tomorow." I told him I didn't need to yell at him. I was worried, not angry.

I need to talk to him about a few things. I didn't bring any of them up today, though. He was pretty tired when I saw him. I'll talk to him when he's more alert. I need to talk to him about itineraries, events and work.

To keep busy today, I did some of the dirty little jobs I've been putting off. I went after the mice.
I bought a can of expanding foam and filled in some of the holes the mice are using. The cupboards above the stove needed to be completely cleaned out... looks like the mice have been there for a while. I threw out all of the food in those cupboards. I just don't feel like consuming the sealed packages when so many opened packages have been decimated by the rodents. It ALL got thrown out.

Now I need to make a trip to the dump.

When I opened the cupboard, I saw a great big mouse climb up the pipe in the corner, and into the ceiling.

That hole has been filled now.

I filled the holes where the water pipes run through IJs bedroom from the bathroom to the kitchen. Now the mice can't use his room as a highway.

I opened up the wall to look at the hot water heater again... the hole in the floor next to it is huge! It extends under the bathtub so far that I can't see how far it goes. That is where they are getting into the house.

I don't know how I'm going to repair that.

I was thinking about the mice running around in the ceiling... and decided to check the furnace chimney. Good thing I did... there is a large space the mice can use to get in and out of the ceiling there. The furnace has no pilot light, so I can safely use the spray-foam to fill that hole. I'll have to do that tomorow. I used up all my foam today.

Hmm... the water heater also has a chimney. I better check that out tomorow, too.

Once I was done cleaning and foaming, I took off my rubber gloves and my disposable overalls and threw them in the trash. I washed up, then mopped all the floors with a bleach solution. I'm doing that frequently right now.

Then I went to FdMs place.

So, that was my day.

Now I'm ready for something to eat. Then maybe I'll do some sewing or painting for a little while.

I'm doing the outside of my bedroom door in an early-Mondrian style.

It's going to look so cool.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home