Thursday, June 07, 2007

Nap Day Today

I just felt like taking a nap all day. I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep because the neighbour was playing her music too loud. Her husband died at work recently, so I don't want to go complain. The kids missed the bus this morning because I slept in, so I had to drive them to school. I was awake by then, so I went into the office to catch up on some work. We were closed today, so no clients bothered me.

FdM and I walked over to the local coffee shop for lunch. We haven't done that for a while. It was a nice change of pace.

I had a chiropractor visit... put my back out when we moved the office. I said to the chiro: "it feels like a nap day today." She agreed. Pretty soon, everyone in her office was wanting a nap!

It was difficult to concentrate on the way back to the office, so I called it a day. Wandered through Liquidation World -- found some art supplies for the kids -- then went home. I made a batch of fudge, played with some recent photos I shot (working on a self-portrait), and ate dinner. I was really ready for bed then. But I have kids to take care of.

I took a nice, hot bath while IJ watched "Return of the Jedi". When I got out, I had my favorite jeans, fluffy socks and sweatshirt in the dryer warming up. By the time I was dressed, IJs movie was over. Right now, he is finishing his homework, then having a snack and going to bed. JMJ should be home from his friends house by then, and I will finally be able to go to bed!

But will I be able to go to sleep?

I received some new books from Amazon this week. So, in addition to being woke up by the neighbour early every morning, I haven't been going to sleep until after midnight because I'm reading!

If I go to bed when the kids do, I should be able to do a bit of reading. I'll have to enforce a one-chapter rule. That's hard to do -- I don't listen to myself very well.

I better get going, or I'll be up all night again.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home