Friday, June 01, 2007

Dreams

I woke up this morning, remembering a dream I had. It has been years since I consistently remembered my dreams upon waking. Right now, what I remember is that I had a dream and I was impressed at the amount of detail I remembered.

Too bad I didn't write it down.

All I recall is that FdM was in the dream -- and that it was a positive dream.

When I was a teenager, I started to keep a dream journal. I always had a notebook and pen on my nightstand so I could write my dreams before I was even fully awake. There were times that I read the journal a couple of days after writing in it, and I had no recollection of the dream.

I have always been fascinated by dreams. I have stayed away from Dream Interpretation books... how can a book tell me what the symbolism in my dreams mean? That is a very personal thing. A book cannot account for my personal history or what is currently going on in my life. Only I can do that.

That is my approach to dreams: their contents reflect what is going on in my life and are coloured by my own history.

Having forgotten the dream I remembered this morning, I now have a desire to start recording my dreams again. I want to remember these interesting tidbits. I spend 1/3 of my life sleeping... it would be nice to know what I am doing during those hours.

I have to go pick up my photos at the drug store after supper.

I will have to pick up a notebook, too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home