Sunday, May 27, 2007

He Finally Signed The Papers

I can't believe it!

I've been trying to get the divorce papers signed for weeks! I was just about ready to file a Sole Application. That would cost more, but then I would be able to petition to have him cover the court costs. Ultimately, it would only cost him more.

After all the heartache he has put me through, all the difficulties with him wanting the Agreement amended, everything was signed the way I wrote it. Only one word was changed on the Amendment: "obtained" was changed to "borrowed".

Today I told him to quit stalling and sign the papers. He replied that he wasn't stalling.

So I got rude.

I said "Just because you are screwing your girlfriend doesn't mean I'm free to pursue a relationship. I have morals."

I really don't know why he bothers to argue with me. He knows I'm right. He knows I'm reasonable. He knows he's going to end up accepting what I say.

He always has.

Sometimes it took several months for him to discover that I was right all along. This time, I think he's just lazy. He was talking about hiring a lawyer to read the Separation Agreement and Amendment before signing the Divorce Application. I told him to go ahead -- just get it done! In the end, he came back and said "I'll sign the papers. I trust you."

Where was that trust 10 years ago? For over 10 years, he has been convinced that I had an affair with DR. He thought that IJ was DRs son.

I don't recall ever experiencing his trust.

Just his laziness.






Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home