Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What An Awful Week

Had to move the office on Saturday.

I hate moving.

My employees came in, and we moved everything just a few doors down the mall. It took about 4 hours to move everything. By the time it was all moved, my kids were burned out, I had a sore back, and at least one employee left in a bad mood.

I hate moving.

After the move, I spent about 3 hours moving furniture and trying to get some semblance of organization.

When I got home, JMJ told me JJ took his girlfriend to a B&B for the weekend. How nice of him to treat HER better than he ever treated me.

Sunday, I woke up with a stiff back. JJ came over and I finally got him to sign the divorce papers. He was really irritating. I was in a bad mood when he left.

On Monday, I took the signed papers to the local courthouse... and was informed that I would have to make a trip into Vancouver to file for divorce. I can't do that here. My goal was to file the papers by the end of this month. That doesn't leave me much time. It is going to be terribly inconvenient. But I have to do it... JJ sure isn't going to do it.


I went back to the office and I spent 4 hours setting up the computer network and recycling alot of stuff I've kept around the last few years in case we ever needed it. In the new, tiny space we have, I decided I don't need it anymore.

Today, I spent another 2 hours unpacking, and started 4 new tax returns. I haven't put up any signs telling people we've moved -- how do they keep finding me?

At lunch time, I put a baggie on my desk with my lunch in it: two home-made cheddar cheese and bacon muffins with lots of fresh chives. Then I locked the door and went to the grocery store to get a jug of milk. When I got back to the office a few minutes later, there was a note on my desk from FdM -- I just missed him! -- and my lunch was gone. I spotted the baggie on the floor, torn to shreds.

My Dog ate my Lunch!

That was the straw that broke the camels back.

I cried.

So many stupid little things piling up, for so many days, and I just had enough. I was hungry, frustrated, annoyed, irritated, stiff and sore. And I couldn't stop crying.

So I put a note on the door, and went home for the day.

I came home, made a fresh batch of cranberry-orange muffins (I'm out of bacon), and watched 21 Jump Street.

I'm still irritated. I'm still teary.

And the office is still a disaster.

I hate moving.






Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home