Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Mom With Power Tools In Experimental Mode

I do not have cable TV. It has been over a year since I last had cablevision.

I was bored a couple nights ago, so I tried an experiment. I attempted to build a TV antenna. At least then I can have 4 or 5 channels.

Supplies
  • plywood
  • wire coat hangers
  • coaxial cable

Built a small box out of plywood. Drilled two holes in the top. Cut top off two hangers and inserted them into the holes. Twisted ends of hangers together inside box. Used staple gun to stabilize hangers on top of the box. Used electricians' tape to attach coaxial cable to bottom ends of hangers.

Then I hooked it up to my TV.

It did not work.

I was not sure if it would work or not. It was worth a try... and it gave me something to do for an hour. Best of all, it did not cost me anything! Buying antennae is out of the question... I don't have $20. If I did, I would have cable!

In the process, I did find instructions online to make a simple antenna from 300 ohm twin-lead line. It is inexpensive... if I can find anyone who still carries it!

Mom With Power Tools is satisfied... she tried something new and learned something in the process.

It was a good project.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home