Monday, November 05, 2007

I Hate Having An Ex

JJ emailed me today about holidays for the next year. He only wants the kids until Dec 28. He wants to share Spring Break. And he wants them for the month of August.

When I saw his email in my inbox, I knew it would upset me. I determined not to reply to it today. I don't want to let my emotions antagonize the situtation. Besides, PMS week is looming. I have to be careful what I say this week, lest HER PMS be projected onto me.


The Dates
August is fine. July has better weather anyway.

Spring Break is 1 1/2 weeks this year... and I want to take them to Edmonton. That is a 3 day drive one way. That doesn't leave enough time to share.

And I have never had them before January 2 before. That's a problem. Especially this year: school doesn't start until January 7.


JJ said in his email that he has never had the kids for the whole Winter Break before. That is not true. He always does.

He also said he doesn't sit around doing nothing anymore.

That hurt.

JJ wants to do things with HER. He did whatever he could to avoid doing things with me. Now he wants to do things, and I'm supposed to be flexible for him.

For years, I have wanted to do something just for me over Winter Break. I have never had the money. It is the end of my "off-season", and there is no money left in the bank. So I usually sit around, depressed, wishing I had something to do. Wishing that I was in Montreal, photographing the Old City or ice skating on the canal.

I have had too many disappointments this year. I can't just not make plans again. I have to do something. I don't want to spend another winter just wishing.


I am going to go make some plans now. JJ needs to know what dates I can take the kids so he can make his own plans. I am certain I will not be around on the 28th. My back-up plan, in case I couldn't make it to Montreal, was to spend New Years' in a cabin at a hot spring with single friends.



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home